The larger-than-life Grand Canyon IMAX® experience brings the Grand Canyon to life on a giant six-story screen. The Grand Canyon movie traces the canyon’s history and, with 12,000 watts of floor-shaking digital surround sound, makes you feel like you’re inside the canyon itself.
In just 34 minutes of air-conditioned comfort at the National Geographic Visitor Center, you will discover a Grand Canyon that would normally take a lifetime to experience. The Grand Canyon IMAX movie opens with the beginning of man’s fragile kinship with the twisting 277-mile (455-km) Grand Canyon. It then takes you through time, showing you glimpses of human history.
From the mysterious Anasazi who inhabited the canyon 4,000 years ago to Major John Wesley Powell who challenged the unexplored canyon and the raging Colorado River in 1869, the movie opens your eyes to a Grand Canyon that most don’t know.
The movie ends by flying like a condor over the rim and into the canyon, getting drenched by the power of the Colorado River. Without ever leaving your seat, you’ll live the history and mystery of one of the most storied natural wonders in the world.
Upgrade your IMAX experience to include a choice of one (1) entree, one (1) drink and one(1) side:
- Asian Rice Bowl with veggies: choice of beef, spicy chicken or sweet n’ sour pork
- Soup and Salad - choice of one soup and one salad: chicken noodle, minestrone or soup of the day and a tossed green salad, Caesar salad or chicken salad
- Fresh Deli Sandwich and Chips - all sandwiches are made with lettuce, tomato and onion: honey ham with Swiss cheese, roasted chicken breast with pepper jack cheese, smoked turkey with muenster cheese, roast beef with cheddar cheese or veggie (avocado, cucumber, sprouts, tomato with Swiss cheese)
- Sides: cookie. apple, fruit cup or yogurt
- Drinks: bottle water, hot tea, coffee or fountain drink (Pepsi Products).